·1-GHz (or higher) 32-bit (x86) processor·1 GB or more RAM· 16 GB available hard-disk space· DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.0 or later driver· DVD drive Additional requirements to use certain features:· For sound — audio output·For Windows XP Mode — an additional 1 GB RAM, an additional 15 GB available hard-disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on· For some Windows Media Center functionality — a TV tuner and additional hardware· For Windows Touch Technology — touch screen·For HomeGroup file and printer sharing — networked PCs running Windows 7 Product functionality and appearance might vary with system configuration.
· Under the Software Assurance programme, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.
· Windows Search allows users to conduct a systemwide search for programmes, documents, pictures, music, and email. When users start typing in the Start menu search box, results will appear even before the search terms are completely entered.
· The Action Center consolidates maintenance and security features — and allows users to choose exactly when Windows 7 should send alerts to users.
· The Domain Join and HomeGroup networking features simplify connecting to an office domain or sharing printers, documents, pictures, music, and video on a network.
· Improved power management settings and features in Windows 7 allow users to save energy by reducing power consumption. Improvements include automatic screen dimming, powering off unused ports, and a more accurate battery-life indicator.
Windows 7 Professional is the latest Microsoft operating system. It features enhanced performance, a simplified interface, expanded search capabilities, and more secure networking. This 32-bit version operates on a computer with a 32-bit processor and 32-bit drivers. This is an upgrade product. To install this operating system, you must have a licenced installation of one of the following operating systems on the device where you are installing the upgrade: Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, or Ultimate; Windows XP Professional or Tablet PC; Windows 2000 Professional; Windows NT Workstation 4.0; or Windows 98. You cannot upgrade from the Home editions of Windows XP or Windows Vista. Unless you are upgrading from Windows Vista, this installation requires a "clean install." This means that if the computer has an existing operating system, you must remove all operating system files and applications, install the system, and reinstall the applications. For complete information, see PNGO PROGRAMME’s Windows 7 Upgrade Steps and Checklist. Windows 7 Professional requires significant system resources, as detailed below. It is likely that PCs currently running an operating system older than Windows Vista might not be able to run Windows 7. For a good start on evaluating whether to upgrade, see PNGO PROGRAMME's Should You Upgrade to Windows 7?
Important Volume Licencing Information: With Windows 7, organisations can choose between two types of volume licence keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) licence key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organisations will be provided with a Key Management Service (KMS) key for Windows 7 by default on the Microsoft Volume Licencing website; that is, this is the only type of key an organisation will see unless they request a MAK. A KMS key requires at least 25 computers on a network for activation. Organisations with fewer than 25 computers should request a MAK from the Volume Licencing website after receiving this product. For information about obtaining a MAK or deciding which type of key to use, see PNGO PROGRAMME's Guide to Microsoft Volume Licencing Keys.
Acquiring the Installation Media and Licence Key: Installing this product requires installation media and a licence key. Installation media will be shipped to you free of charge.
The licence key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received donations for. This quantity is specified in the donation email sent to your organisation email address after your eligibility has been verified and your administrative fee has been received.