- Pentium processor; Pentium II or higher recommended
- 32 MB or more RAM; 128 MB recommended
- 0.5 GB available hard-disk space; 1.1 GB recommended; more for non-English systems
- 800x600-pixel or higher-resolution display; 1024x768 with 16-bit color recommended
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- Windows 98; Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a or later; Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 recommended
- Internet Explorer 5.01; Internet Explorer 6 recommended
- Under the Software Assurance programme, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.
- A comprehensive set of resources monthly, on CD or DVD
- Two complimentary support incidents (and discounts on others)
- Access to beta software for evaluation and training
- Free learning resources — online courses and clinics
- Current security updates, bulletins, and hotfixes
- Reliable, timely answers from Microsoft Support professionals and community experts in more than a hundred managed newsgroups
Monthly CD-ROM or DVD shipments include all the technical articles used by Microsoft support professionals, utilities, drivers, and patches. They also include evaluation versions of current software and beta software for evaluation and training.
Subscribers have online access to the software and information provided on disc and to technical newsgroups, security updates, hotfixes, learning resources, Web casts, and how-to seminars. They can post questions to any of more than a hundred managed newsgroups and get a reliable answer by the next business day from Microsoft Support professionals or community experts.
The two-year subscription includes two complimentary technical support incidents and discounted service on additional live support calls.
Note: TechNet Plus registration is slightly different from that of most Microsoft products ordered through TechSoup Stock. After entering the eOpen authorization code, you must select the Activating TechNet Subscriptions link to display the TechNet subscriptions Web page. There, you enter your eOpen authorization code in the promotional code field, specify either CD-ROM or DVD media for your software and subsequent updates, and activate your subscription.
A single-user license allows one user to access all content and services within a TechNet Plus subscription. To share TechNet subscription content with other IT professionals on staff, you need the Single Server Subscription.